Search This Blog

Sunday, 10 March 2019

E-Portfolio - Camp 2019!

Motivation:
Camp Experiences


Learning Objectives:
Level 3
  • Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
  • Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.


Level 4
  • Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
  • Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.


Learning goals:

  • To hook the reader in with an interesting beginning
  • A variety of sentence starters
  • A variety of sentence lengths
  • Edit and rework
  • Effective peer checking and feedback




CAMP 2019

Slowly I get pulled up high into the trees. Every inch higher the harness grasps onto my neck and pinches it so hard I can barely breathe. The anticipation builds as I hang helplessly above the ground waiting for him to pull the rope... 3...2...1 swish, I swoop down at a cheetahs pace. My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach and a short but deafening scream came out of my mouth. I sway back and forth for a while. The grip on my neck released and a sigh of relief came over me. " Do you want another go?" bill said. I thought to myself. Do I really want to be choked
another time? Its my last camp, I thought to myself. Ill take a chance. I slowly get pulled up one more time and the nerves come fluttering to me once again. The harness tightens and I cant breathe for a few seconds more. I fall and swoop up towards the towering trees above. I was instantly relieved as I stepped down the 8 step ladder. My feet hit the ground. I did it!




1 comment:

  1. Kaylee, great range of words to describe the harness and how it holds you and your neck. Don't forget about paragraph and expanding your ideas further when editing. Please add reflection and goal card.

    ReplyDelete